For over 25 years I have worked with organizations to help them build software, websites, music, and other digital products that work for real people.
I’m a maker, love my craft, and enjoy working with others to realize a products vision. I have extensive international experience, working in a variety of roles, with multi-lingual and multi-cultural teams.
Currently I am involved with two main projects:
Smartbean, educational software for iOS that aims to help children improve their English language ability by following a story focused educational curriculum.
Superlucky Elephant, where we develop simple human-centered experiences using a complete toolbox of UX methods and practices.
Previously I was the manager of experience design at NetDragon Websoft, in Fuzhou, China, where I lead the experience innovation team, helping to advance the quality of experience design at the User Experience Design Centre.
Prior to that I worked in a number of design leadership and non-leadership roles, including The Industrial Technology Research Institutes Creativity Lab where I helped create digital and physical products that allowed for greater collaboration amongst researchers, and led projects that explored an array of ambient and tangible interfaces, invisibly integrating data into people’s lives.
In a past life, I worked as a professional musician, sometimes making music, more often making noise, through-out the greater Toronto area.
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Music from St. Francis Xavier University and a Master of Applied Art from Chiao Tung University. I also spent 3 years at Humber College of Music where I studied trumpet and jazz performance. I studied Chinese full-time at National Central University, Tsing Hua University, and privately for over 4 years.
After 20 years working in Taiwan and China I have recently returned to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island where I live with my daughter and son.
- 2018 – Current, Head Dreamer (Product Design), Minzoo
- 2017 – Current, UX/Product Designer, Super Lucky Elephant
- 2016 – 2017, Experience Design Manager, NetDragon Websoft, Fuzhou, China
- 2015 – 2016, Usability Analyst, QNAP, Taipei, Taiwan
- 1999 – 2015, Developer/User Experience Designer, MadeByClark, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- 2012 – 2014, Full Time Chinese Student, National Central University, ZhongLi, Taiwan
- 2005 – 2014, Founder, Popwuping, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- 2010 – 2012, Chinese Student, Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- 2008 – 2009, Senior Engineer, Creativity Lab, ITRI, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- 2008 M.A Design, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- 2006 – 2007, Creative Director, Taiwanease Magazine, Taipei, Taiwan
- 1999 – 2005, User Experience Team Lead, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- 1998 – 1999, Web Designer, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada
- 1987 – 1997, Freelance Musician, Toronto, Canada
- 1997, B.A Music, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
- 1989, Dip. Jazz, Humber College, Toronto Canada
- Quiet Please!, An exhibition of sound art and tangible interface design.
- Traffic 1, 2, 3. Sound art exhibitions at JiNan University and other locations throughout Taiwan.
- 35togo, street photography blog, one of the first in Taiwan (closed)
- Transitloungers.com, a social travel blog (closed)
- ChiFan, online Taiwan culture magazine (closed).
- Kelake, personal blog.
- Popwuping. Built a weblog network comprised of 5 high traffic properties on top of the Movabletype platform. (closed)
- Movabletype themes. I created a number of themes for the now obscure CMS.
- I regularly create sticker packs for iMessage, some with my son.
- Brasslist. In the pre-web days I ran mailing list devoted to selling music accessories. A copy of the popular Montreal based “Bandlist”, it was my first foray into online commerce.
我有著20年的經驗幫助各類組織製作應用、網頁、音 樂、提升使用者體驗、以及開發其他幫助人們實現其 目標的數碼產品。
我是一個製造者，我愛我的手藝，並樂於同其他人一 同努力實現產品目標。 我有著豐富經驗，能夠適應在 工作中扮演不同的角色。
我畢業於St. Francis Xavier大學音樂系，之後又去讀了Humber大學音樂表演系，通過這八年的學習，使我深具創意和想像力方面的才能。來到台灣以後，我又去了國立交通大學應用藝術研究所繼續深造，學術論文內容是關於實體介面和氛圍介面，通過進一步的學習，使我更深入的了解了當代設計與研究的發展趨勢。另外，我還曾就讀于國立中央大學華語系兩年之久，國語水平因此得到了很大的提高。
創意及藝術指導、使用者介面設計、網站開發、項目經理、寫作創新樂譜、數位攝影技巧、使用者測試(Usability test)、Persona、Scenerio、Information Architecture、Card Sorting、用戶界面設計、啟發式評估、快速原型、社交媒體、概念發展、內容管理、等等。